Considering giving up bottled water? Whether you use a water cooler or single serve bottles, here are 10 reasons to keep drinking bottled water:
- Bottled Water IS Good for You – Bottled water is a great way to stay hydrated. It is free of caffeine, calories, fat, and contains no artificial dyes, flavors or sweeteners.
- Bottled Water IS Convenient – Bottled water is 100% portable, making it an ideal choice for individuals with busy schedules and active lifestyles.
- Bottled Water IS Essential for Natural Disasters – Almost all public municipal systems become contaminated or are unusable after a natural disaster. In cases where tap water is unsafe to drink, bottled water can be a lifesaver.
- Bottled Water Does NOT Contribute to Water Scarcity – Bottled water accounts for less than .01% of total water consumption around the globe. In most parts of the world, crop irrigation and agriculture utilize the greatest amount of fresh water resources.
- Plastic Water Bottles ARE Safe – Packaging materials used to contain food and water must be made from FDA-approved food grade substances. The polyethylene terephthalate (or PET) used to make most single-serve plastic water bottles has been declared "safe for use" by the FDA.
- Bottled Water IS Economical – Bottled water is known for having a very long shelf life. Consumers can buy in bulk, save money and have plenty of water on hand in case of an emergency.
- Bottled Water IS Affordable – Bottled water is offered at many different affordable price points. Buying in bulk, or using bottled water coolers, can help to lower costs.
- Bottled Water IS Universal – Water can be safely consumed by people of every age, gender, and creed.
- Bottled Water IS Environmentally Friendly – Plastic water bottles are 100% recyclable. In addition, water-bottling plants utilize much lower amounts of energy and water during the packaging process than many other beverages, such as soft drinks and juices.
- Bottled Water IS Filtered – When municipal water or well water becomes contaminated, filtered bottled water becomes the safest source of drinking water.
These are just a few of the many benefits of drinking bottled water. You may also be interested in reading Tips for Staying Hydrated and Bottled Water Regulations & Facts.